With this script you can plot 6 moving averages.
You can decide which Moving Average you want to show or hide.
For every plot you can decide to display the ( ) or ( ).
It provides CrossOver and CrossUnder labels when loading the script. Those labels you can show or hide.
You have the possibility to show or hide the rainbow colors. This rainbow function gives you a clear view of the current trend.
HOW TO USE:
• When one Moving Average crosses above another Moving Average it signals an uptrend.
• When one Moving Average crosses below another Moving Average it signals a downtrend.
• The higher to length of the Moving Average the stronger the trend.
• You can show/hide the preferred Moving Averages.
• You can set the length, type and source for every Moving Average.
• You can show/hide the rainbow colors.
• You can show/hide the CrossUp labels.
• You can show/hide the CrossDown labels.
• You can set alerts for every Moving Average.
• MA1 => EMA5
• MA2 => EMA10
• MA3 => EMA20
• MA4 => SMA50
• MA5 => SMA100
• MA6 => SMA200
vs. Exponential Moving Average:
and are calculated differently. The ( ) focuses more on recent prices than on a long series of data points, as the required.
The calculation makes the quicker to react to price changes and the react slower. That is the main difference between the two.
One is not necessarily better than another. It comes down to personal preference. Plot an and of the same length on a chart and see which one helps you make better trading decisions.
Moving Average Trading Strategies:
The first strategy is a price crossover, when the price crosses above or below a moving average, it signals a potential change in trend.
The second strategy applies when one moving averages crosses another moving average.
• When the short-term MA crosses above the long-term MA, it signals a buy signal.
• When the short-term MA crosses below the long-term MA, it signals a sell signal.
• This advice is NOT financial advice.
• We do not provide personal investment advice and we are not a qualified licensed investment advisor.
• All information found here, including any ideas, opinions, views, predictions, forecasts, commentaries, suggestions, or stock picks, expressed or implied herein, are for informational, entertainment or educational purposes only and should not be construed as personal investment advice.
• We will not and cannot be held liable for any actions you take as a result of anything you read here.
• We only provide this information to help you make a better decision.
• While the information provided is believed to be accurate, it may include errors or inaccuracies.
If you like this script please donate some coins to share your appreciation.
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.